Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 106: Testing out a pencil brush


Day 106:

 Quick sketch to try out a new pencil brush I found on Animation Tidbits’s blog ( http://animationtidbits.tumblr.com/post/74287603926/kyletwebster-the-most-realistic-pencil ) It’s a pretty good tool, but I think I should warn you all: It’s a mixer brush, not a standard Photoshop Brush. So it’s a lot more taxing on your computer hardware. I couldn’t get the brush to be very big at all without it lagging pretty badly, which I can’t stand. So unless you have a pretty powerful machine or only work small-scale (this sketch was drawn at 18x24, and I usually work much larger) you might want to think twice about it. 
That said, it’s a really great sketching tool and I’d say definitely worth the $1 I paid for it. Can’t wait to try it out on my rig at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment